We scramble down the valley of boulders and hike along the local ‘Fala’j, series of canals that help irrigate local farms and crops, until we reach the first stunning pools.
Beautiful turquoise water, long swims, impressive jumps and plenty of good route finding, make this canyon a great adventure. The canyon boasts an impressive waterfall with great jumping points from the timid meter high to the really big stuff. As the pools get smaller, there is another 1 hour of trekking ahead of us to get out of the canyon to meet starting point.
|Difficulty level: Intermediate
Adventure distance: 8km (up & down)
Driving duration: 2 hours up, 2 hours down
Activities: Hiking, Abseiling (rope access), climbing, Swimming (Life vests)
|DRIVING FROM MUSCAT
RETURN TO MUSCAT
|Please arrive by 5:30 AM.
Approximately 5:30 PM.
However, timing is dependent on team performance.
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, Water resistant shoes, hat and sunscreen.|
- Sports dress + 1 spare
- Hike shoe (water resistant preferably)
- Back bag + 2L Water + Snacks
- 6:00am: Drive from BurjAlsahwa Wadi bani Khalid (Budah).
- 7:30am: Conduct safety gears and briefings about the trip.
- 8:00am: Start the hike through the route for 4 hours (Swim, climb, abseil).
- Stop for coffee break at the hidden cave.
- Return to Hike start (Swim, climb).
- 1:00pm: Put off safety gears and change dress.
- 2:00pm: Drive for local food at already arranged local farm.
- 3:00pm: Drive back toward muscat.
- 5:30pm: Arrival to burj alsahwah to safely split.