Former inhabitants chosen this location because it was well protected against enemies and also because of a good water supply, you can observe still functioning falaj system in terraces. Pomegranate, juniper and olive trees are still growing there. The previous inhabitants used to grow watermelons, chili-peppers, tomatoes, wheat, basil, onions. Also they used to herd goats, sheep and donkeys. They abandoned it at the time when the new Sultan Qaboos started to rule and made significant changes in the country.
|DRIVING FROM MUSCAT
||Please arrive by 5:30 AM.|
|RETURN TO MUSCAT||Approximately 7:00 PM.
However, timing is dependent on team performance.
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat and sunscreen.|
- Sports dress + 1 spare
- Hike shoe (water resistant preferably)
- Back bag + 2L Water + Snacks
- 5:30am: Drive from BurjAlsahwa to AlHamra
- 7:00am:Drive in off-road for about 10km to hike start
- 8:00am: Hike through the route for 2-3 hours.
- 10:00am: Reach the pond, prepare coffee, attempt the abseiling.
- 1:00pm : Hiking back for (2-3 hours).
- 3:30: Drive for lunch (ReemAlyaman Restaurant)
- 5:00pm: Driving back to Muscat.
- 7:00pm: Reaching MCT (BurjAlsahwa)