Jebel Shams is Oman’s highest peak, and at around 10,000 feet (or 3,000 meters) it makes a cool contrast to the baking coast.The regular road runs out about two-thirds the way up, so from there on in it’s 4-wheel-drive or, for the adventurous, hiking. Either way you’ll have stunning views of Wadi Nakhr, a dramatic canyon whose sheer walls drop down to a valley floor of tiny villages and date palm plantations.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Muscat (Airport)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours before the flight.|
Colorful rugs made using goat hair and natural dyes are a specialty of the region. There are also a number of eerie village ruins which testify to the difficulty of living in this fascinating yet challenging area.
Jebel Shams can be accessed on a long day trip from Muscat, but a well-equipped campsite makes it a great place to stay over and enjoy the serenity of this remote area.
Day 1: Departure
- Driver will pick you from Airport (Please confirm your arrival time)
- Depart from airport to Jabel Shams (3 hours drive)
- Reach Jabal-Sham resort to overstay the night in villa or family chalet
- Hike program from 5PM to 7pm
- See sunset at Jabal Shams moutains
- Become our guests for dinner at the in the resort
- Enjoy the overstay
Day 2: At Jabel Shames
- Become our guests for breakfast at the in the resort
- Relax for hot/softdrinks
- checkout to return back to muscat before 12:00pm