Salalah is the capital and seat of the governor of Dhofar the southern province of oman . Salalah is the second largest city in the Sultanate of Oman and the largest city in the Dhofar Provence and was its largest capital.
The Sultan traditionally lives in Salalah rather than in Muscat. Salalah is known as the “perfume capital of Arabia” and “the attar capital of Oman “. The city is a tourism destination due to the natural attractions of the nearby mountains and the magnificent frankincense trees lining mountain wadi courses.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Muscat (Airport/Hotel)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 2 hours in advance.|
The country side is green and you can find the herds of cattles there. The beautiful beaches and coastline are also major attractions for scuba diving and bird watching.
Salalah is a city of antiquity, contains ruins of the fortified town Sumharam (Khor Rori), an important port from 100 BC AD 400.
Day 1: Departure
- Pick from Airport or Hotel (Time Confirmation required)
- Depart from airport to Salalah (11 hours drive from Muscat, 1 hour from Salalah Airport)
- Stop for break after every 3 hours drive (for option to drive from Muscat)
- Check in to planned Accommodation (Arabic house or Hotel)
- Drive around famous landmarks
- Enjoy the KHAREEF and the overnight stay
Day 2: Salalah
- Back to the accommodation for breakfast and relax
- Relax for hot/soft-drinks
- checkout to before 12:00pm, or extend your tour on demand