Snake Canyon is a mix of multiple terrains. Pools, knee deep ponds, streams, boulders, gravel, mud, jumps and some abseils. About 80% of the route is in between two walls, each about 200m.
You will need an acceptable fitness to do this canyon. It is a long canyon and requires lots of bouldering around on uneven terrain. Adding the swimming sections will only make it harder.
|START TIME||Please arrive by 7:00 AM.|
|END TIME||Approximately 4:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
- Technical route distance: around 4.5 km
- None technical route distance: around 4 km
- The time required: this is very tricky as many factors can affect your speed in such terrain. But allocate 5 to 7 hours at most. If you reach the intersection and you have consumed more than 3 hours, this is the time that you have to speed up.
- Altitude loss: 5-10m
- Starting elevation: 8550m & 905m
- Ending elevation: 700m
- Requires: swimming, climbing & bouldering around large rocks.
- The entrance of the technical route
- The lake and features by the end of the last abseil
- The cave and its features
- The end point, make sure to look back as you drive off.
7.00 AM – 7.30 AM: Gathering
- Team introduction (welcome tea).
- Brief on the planned distination.
- Drive to the hike start point.
7.30 AM – 10.00 AM: Hike start
Start the hike towards the depth of the destination.
11.00 AM - 12.00 PM: Abseiling
Start the abseiling activities with a careful soft skills practice to assure team confidence.
1.00 PM - 2.00 PM: Swim though the canyon
Getting into the water, hiking though the curves of the canyon.
3.00 PM - 4.00 PM: Lunch
Drive back for lunch and drop the gathering area.