Wadi Hawar is a spectacular place just waiting to be discovered, You will need an acceptable fitness to do this canyon. It is a long canyon and requires lots of bouldering around on uneven terrain. Adding the swimming sections will only make it harder.
You will need an acceptable fitness to do this canyon. It is a long canyon and requires lots of bouldering around on uneven terrain. Adding the swimming sections will only make it harder.
|START TIME||Please arrive by 6:30 AM.|
|END TIME||Approximately 4:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
- Technical route distance: around 4.5 km
- None technical route distance: around 4 km
- The time required: this is very tricky as many factors can affect your speed in such terrain. But allocate 5 to 7 hours at most. If you reach the intersection and you have consumed more than 3 hours, this is the time that you have to speed up.
- Altitude loss: 5-10m
- Starting elevation: 8550m & 905m
- Ending elevation: 700m
- Requires: swimming, climbing & bouldering around large rocks.
- The entrance of the technical route
- The lake and features by the end of the last abseil
- The cave and its features
- The end point, make sure to look back as you drive off.
6.00 AM – 6.30 AM: Gathering
- Team introduction (welcome tea).
- Brief on the planned distination.
- Drive to the hike start point.
8.45 AM - 2.00 PM: Start the hike
- Start the hike/abseiling activities with a careful soft skills practice.
- Assuring all team confidence.
- Put the required gears on.
- Getting into the water, hiking though the curves of the Wadi.
- Climbing efferent levels of curves/rocks with the help of the leads.
2.00 PM - 3.00 PM: Hike finishing
- Prepare for return to the hike start point.
- Putting off the gears.
- Refresh to go for lunch