A visit to Wadi Mibam village is a unique experience compared to other wadis we have visited previously, in that it combines a great off-road drive right through the wadi mouth. You’ll need to traverse and reach the pools.
Due to the road through Wadi Tiwi being right on the shoulder of the wadi, it is entirely up to you where you want to stop your car and start the wadi trek,
or whether you want to drive all the way to the end of Mibam Village and start from there.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Amerat petrol pump and Sahwa Tower|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the flight.|
Our guides will give you a demonstration to show you how easy & safe abseiling is & then it’s over to you, First up’s the 4 meter hight to get you comfortable in your harness, then we’ll move on up to our 15m and 25m hights for some awesome abseil fun.
Session 1: Introduction of Other Abseil Equipment
- Introduction on the planned path and preferable dos and don’t.
- Accessory cords (various diameter)
- Slings/ Tapes
- Insights on team formation.
Session 2: Setting up fixed anchor system
- Abseil with different devices.
- Abseil with backup (auto-block)
Session 3: Safety Considerations
- Rope placement on descender (smiley face)
- Loading a karabiner on a minor axis & 3 points loading
- Importance of dressing a good knot
- Using an auto-braking device
Session 4: Knots and Hitches
- Double Figure of 8 knot
- Double Figure of 8 knot with double bight
- Double Fisherman knot
- Tape knot
- Friction knots (Standard, Klemheist, French)
- Clove Hitch
- Italian Hitch (Munter)
- Half Hitch